GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with operations in over 100 countries and 96,500 employees worldwide. We discover, develop, manufacture and distribute a huge range of healthcare products, from lifesaving prescription medicines and vaccines to popular consumer healthcare products like Lucozade, Ribena, Horlicks, Sensodyne, Aquafresh and Panadol . Delivering more than 1,400 brands to over 160 markets across the globe, with an annual turnover in excess of £28 billion. In 2010 alone we delivered 1.4 billion vaccine doses to 179 countries. We're dedicated to helping millions of people around the world to do more, feel better and live longer. We're revolutionising our business, and pioneering change across our entire industry, to meet changing healthcare needs in both the developed and developing world. The depth, breadth and influence of our business and the scale and scope of our bold plans for the future mean that we'll offer you the chance to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet. Questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, innovative, global business to meet them.
Accountable for full range of design and development tasks for designated Global Compensation processes or sub-processes, project-focussed rather than country-aligned. Tasks may be completed in conjunction with external vendors; participating in or leading specific projects will be based on capabilities – may work on projects across countries with other Global Compensation Operations & Services (GCOS), US/UK HR Services or in-country Reward staff as necessary.
1. Delivers tools and processes of varying complexity impacting multiple countries; manages core data required for processes
2. Delivers special Compensation programs and supporting controls and governance
3. Develops controls, data analysis and internal/external reporting; manages globa data requests with HRIS/Data Warehousing
4. Provides input to HRIS process improvement on regular global data provisions.
5. Handle complex program or system queries and recommendation of solutions or alternatives
6. Provide technical content expertise or advice on communications, training and educational materials; may deliver training as appropriate
7. Define and document compliance processes, reports & access metrics
In particular, at the Consultant level, accountability will include higher levels of accountability and competence including:
• Implements key processes and systems across multiple countries
• Resolving technical problems with internal systems and tools used by peers, HR or line, including vendor systems
• Design new applications for internal/external use; oversees project staff; leads standardization efforts
• Leads cross-functional teams independently
• Strong role in external benchmarking/research
• Delivery of full range of Global Compensation Processes
• Full compliance and governance in areas of policy and programmes
• Track and report on metrics and other key statistics, analyzing and drawing conclusions from the data/trends as appropriate.
• Support in leading or participating in various cross-functional teams
• Develop relationship with key vendors such as ACS
• Effective delivery of assigned projects, including those of global nature.
Operational delivery issues can lead to impact on financial and reputational risk in areas of responsibility; impact on retention as Compensation is key component of TotalReward; overall program and vendor spend is very significant
• Ability to prioritise and balance conflicting priorities from internal stakeholders and key external parties; influencing external vendors to meet agreed goals.
• Supports programmes and processes which can result in significant pay/cost impact
• Will need to work in a changing environment/ HR Model and be able to create win-win partnerships with a wide variety of internal and external customers to ensure support is provided to the businessmpacting Country HR
• Identifies opportunities for delivery improvements in daily operations.
• Provides recommendations and solutions to operational issues within scope of responsibility; links strong technical knowledge with operational requirements and governance standards
• Solicits feedback from peers and other sources of perspective and integrates into overall problem resolution.
• Maintains a systems-approach mindset striving for automation and simplification in solutions.
• Demonstrates a ‘value add’ to customers through responsiveness, operational effectiveness, practical approach to problem solving, etc.
• Supports line management by formal or informal involvement in external benchmarking, research and reporting on potential improvements to systems, processes and tools
• Interacts with a wide range of internal and external contacts, minimizes misunderstandings (including multi-cultural issues)
• Communicates with others in a manner which is clear concise, well structured, authentic and easily understood by markets. Applies alternative communication approaches to engage markets in different time zones/ create engagement.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver to deadlines/ balance of multiple priorities
• Management of complex prioritisation
• For Consultant, strong GCP expertise to provide direction to senior Global Compensation Operations & Services staff including CLT, on analytics and interrogate data, interpret trends and review conclusions/alternatives.
• Thorough understanding of Compensation principles, regulations and policies and ability to integrate with broader HR policies and objectives
• Strong written communications, able to convey information clearly and concisely to non English speakers
•Compensation, HR or LTI Certification preferred
•Other experience in GCS functions (Global Mobility or LTI Delivery)