ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently recruiting a Global Finance Manager within our Finance Function.
The 5 global pillars of Unilever comprise Categories (including R&D & CMCO), ETS, Global Markets Leadership, Corporate departments and Global Supply Chain. Collectively these 5 pillars are responsible for €4.5b costs spread across SC, Overheads and A&P; globally managed overheads are about 40% of Unilever’s total overheads. Unilever has a financial growth model which requires delivering leverage in overheads and driving return on marketing investments. This requires strong control of the overhead costs while maintaining the flexibility to allocate resources dynamically. The Global Cost Controller’s team coordinates budgeting, planning, forecasting and reporting for all globally managed costs.
As a Global Finance Manager you will be accountable for
- Manage the quarterly and monthly forecasting process, which includes ongoing liaison with finance business partners for sub-pillars
- Budget control for pillars, including budget transfers across sub pillars.
- Maintain reporting definitions for pillars (ETS/SC focus); ensure their correct application, liaising with pillar and regional / country finance teams.
- Preparation of statistical cost and FCCR information for allocating global cost to countries and supporting tax audit process.
- A lot of the budgeting/forecasting work is currently managed at different locations. One of the main areas of simplification in 2014 will be to drive simplification of the above processes by centralising the work in the GCC team.
- Expert on departmental-related cost control, including VPA and IAs, within the global controlling team.
- Responsible for coordinating and to large extent performing training in both systems and processes for the global pillars finance team
- Provide ad hoc analysis of business performance
- Act as Super user for Global Reporting systems (Victory, TRS), provide access, training and ongoing support as well as participate in system improvement work.
- Represent Global pillars in the relevant working groups for definition and implementation of reporting measures and definitions (e.g. structure of reported P&L, restructuring vs. trade, etc).
- Review of forecast bias/accuracy and drive improvement with finance business partners
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Well developed analytical and communication skills with ability to respond and deliver under pressure.
- Previous financial accounting or management accounting experience is essential.
- Professional finance qualification CA, CIMA (currently in progress is fine) with significant years experience
- A candidate needs to have strong analytical power, good interpersonal skills, a positive and forward looking mindset and a strong desire to develop self, others and the organisation we work in.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP BEHAVIOURS
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent & Teams