- Operating Budgets: Preparation of Retail Operations budget which includes projection for capital, man power, operating expenditure and income forecast to submit to Board of Directors for review. Review frequently to ensure actual is in line with projection and takes remedial action against any negative variances. Previous experience to be utilized, subordinate information and market trends to deliver a budget forecast for revenue and expenditure. Identifying any possible concerns and report to Board of Directors. Tight management of debtors and EBIDAT delivery are key objectives.
- Service Charge: Instigate a proper s/c budget & matrix to ensure that all operational expenditure is fully recoverable from the tenants and audited at year end in accordance with International standards.
- Financial Overview: Assist with the preparation and review of monthly and annual financial reports, including re-forecasting, P&L, lease abstracting and budgeting. Assists with collection of monthly receivables as requested by the Sr. General Manager.
- Asset Management: Oversees the condition and maintenance programs of key asset systems, for best commercial life and salvage ability of assets.
- Oversee the marketing of the Mall and all associated events, ensure that these are properly marketed and involve retailers so footfall and tenant sales are factored into every event. Liaise closely with regional marketing.
- Guest Experience: Enhance the guest experience through any means practicable. Handle guest complaints as and when required.
- Marketing Plan: Facilitates the management of the marketing program together with the Sr. General Manager and Marketing Manager. Programs are consistently innovative, targeted and effective: budget well prepared and executed, Brand consistency maintained.
- Community Relations: Maintain positive relationships with local community. Have good working knowledge of political and regulatory changes that may impact Centre operations. Take corrective action and inform others, as required.
- Tenant Relations: Maintain excellent communication with all tenants and be aware of the terms of their leases in order to encourage their compliance. Regular meetings and visits with tenants.
- Operating Standards: If external work is required, ensure a minimum of 3 companies are tendered for the work and based on price, quality and urgency of the work to make a recommendation to the Board of Directors for approval as per the DOA. If 3 companies are not available to offer the required work and will provide justification which will be submitted along with the approval requisition. The centre must be looking at the highest standard at all times for the retailers and shoppers.
- Supervision: Supervise and provide direction for the concierge department, specialty leasing department, administrative assistant and receptionist.
- Property Development: Evaluate property needs and recommend improvements as required. Execute approved projects in a timely and commercially appropriate manner; ensures scope accuracy and compliance.
Human Resource Management
- Performance Management: Appraise employees on a regular basis as per the company guidelines, identify training and where ever applicable, request for external training as per the DOA approval. Ensure at all times that his subordinates are motivated and providing the standard of work required by the company.
- Internal Coordination: Working knowledge of other Corporate Departments. Ability to provide interface and cohesiveness with the numerous departments that impact Centre Management.
- Present reports on tenants, income, expenditure, positioning and competition to the company from information compiled by his subordinates and Market Research in order to compare actual with budget projections and ways of further improving the company design concept. Ensure update information is presented at all times from all sources whilst preparing reports in order to reflect, as best as he can, the actual status of the company.