Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager OSGE.1 and the Resident Representative of the African Development Bank’s Country Office in the Democratic Republic of Congo (CDFO), the Governance Officer will carry out the following duties:
- Participate in the appraisal and implementation of the Bank's operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and in the Republic of Congo in the areas of economic and financial governance. The Bank's intervention in these two countries covers institutional support projects, budget support programmes and targeted diagnostic studies intended to: (i) build state capacity to ensure transparent use of public resources; (ii) improve results in the different sectors and provide people with more resources to follow up on these results; and (iii) promote business environment so as to enable economic transformation, job creation and financial integration.
- Represent the Bank in national and regional events, including those involving technical and financial partners (TFPs), by organizing and/or participating in activities such as periodic consultations and coordinating meetings of technical and financial partners.
- Support the Resident Representative and the Country Economist of the Bank's Office in the DRC as well as the Bank's Resident Country Economist in the Republic of Congo in dialogue with the countries on economic and financial governance issues and those related to the private sector environment.
- Contribute to the conduct of economic and sector work in the areas of economic and financial governance and in matters related to the private sector environment.
- Contribute to the management of OSGE portfolio in the DRC and the Congo through regular and rigorous monitoring of financial management, disbursements and procurement records (formulating recommendations from supervision, audit, reporting requirements and SAP update, etc.).
- Contribute to the preparation and review of Country Strategy Papers (CSPs), Country Policy and Institutional Assessments (CPIA) and ensure monitoring of the borrower’s compliance with the general and special conditions applicable to loans and grants.
- Prepare and carry out project/programmes supervision missions and prepare relevant reports (progress reports, supervision reports, financial reports, audit reports and minutes of project coordinators' meetings).
- Prepare project completion reports.
- Perform any other duties in connection with the work of the Division Manager, the Director and the Resident Representative.