- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Support the development of a company-wide government relations strategy in alignment with MTN Nigeria’s business direction.
- Maintain effective corporate relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers in the executive and legislative arms of government as well as Government Agencies to effectively channel the goals and desires of MTNN.
- Maintain a strong ethical relationship between MTN Nigeria and relevant institutions/ bodies with a view to ensure the long term viability of the business.
- Observe the business, political and regulatory environment closely and provide advisory and logistics support to all functions across the business.
- Carry out research, provide detailed policy analysis, identify regional vulnerabilities and recommend due mitigation.
- Conduct regular political audits and provide periodic intelligence reports, political audits and proactive feedback on emerging issues, developments and trends.
- Provide advisory support to the SM, Government Relations on key government matters especially as it relates to the telecoms industry to all business functions
- Provide Management across all divisions with insights on national and regional Government legislation policy to accommodate current and future business initiatives.
- Standard MTNN working conditions
- Job is based in FCT (Abuja)
Experience & Training
- Minimum of 3 years post-degree / Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Relevant Degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization (government relations and/or stakeholder engagement function/activity) with experience in supervising/managing others
- Effective stakeholder relationship management experience in a telecoms regulatory environment
- Strong and effective business communication/negotiation/influencing skills (verbal and writing skills)
- On-the-job training
- Courses, Seminars, Conferences and workshops in Government Relations and Stakeholder Engagement
- Management Development Program
- Effective Management and Leadership