Within UK&I Assurance our Government & Public Sector team (GPS) is a specialist team, dealing specifically with clients in Government and the Public Sector. Our primary clients are in Local Government and the NHS. These include County Councils, District Councils, Police, Fire, Hospital Trusts and Primary Care / Clinical Commissioning groups - all of which are involved in providing frontline services to the public. Therefore everything you do or use on a daily basis is provided by the clients we support - roads, schools and education, leisure facilities, care, doctors, hospitals, refuse collection, planning applications - the list is broad.
We are currently looking for experienced Audit Executives for our Reading, Southampton and Luton offices to cover the following areas: south of Reading, Sussex and Essex respectively, working with local clients.
- To provide support to the team in efficiency and productivity of managing an engagement, demonstrating strong commercial awareness that consists of the latest industry knowledge and trends.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology
- CIPFA Qualified or other recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ CA/ ACCA or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Degree qualified
- External audit experience ideally within the government and public sector area