Ref No: DDG-PCD/G1T/IIS/01/16
Administration and Organisation:
- Assist Head with ordering books.
- Co-ordinate the Book Club order and review the book provision with the Head.
- Assist with overall appearance and ongoing maintenance of school facilities.
- Assist with co-ordination of special events e.g. Sports Day, Swimming Gala
- Assist pupils with transfer to new schools.
- Be committed to and promote academic excellence.
- To provide in-service training as required by Head.
- Act as a Grade 1 teacher, following the timetable as agreed with the Head.
- Be responsible for the education and welfare of the assigned pupils.
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons following the programmes already in place.
- Co-ordinate the grade curriculum and use the relevant teaching methods to ensure the progression of pupil’s development.
- Assess, record and report on the progress of the pupils.
- Maintain a well-ordered teaching area.
- Responsibility for and participating in two afternoon clubs.
- All further requirements of a class teacher are laid down in the ‘Class Teacher’s Professional Duties’ report.
- And any other duties as may be assigned by the Head.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Education.
- At least three years of international teaching experience.
- Fluency in English.
Desired Qualities and Experience:
- Teaching experience in an international school and strong up to date knowledge of relevant curriculum and current learning strategies.
- Knowledge of teaching strategies needed to establish high aspirations with regard to results and behaviours.
- Ability to create a safe, nurturing and challenging learning environment that encompasses developmentally appropriate practices, establishes foundations for future growth, and engages young people in building social skills and knowledge.