The Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs Coordinator will provide support to the Assistant Vice Provost for Graduate Programs and Senior Assistant to the Provost in developing and strengthening the support given to:
- PhD Graduate program
- Postdoctoral Associate professional development program
- Executive Education.
Working with all areas of the university, they will ensure programs are connected holistically to the units and resources provided by NYUAD. This position will support the development and effective operation of the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs at NYUAD. Manage projects that lead to increased awareness of doctoral opportunities at NYUAD and support project delivery for postdoctoral associates and other research staff. Liaise with New York Department Chairs to support NYUAD ‘track’ of doctoral studies. The position will have the responsibility for day-to-day management of administrative functions and is expected to act independently, show initiative and achieve results in a timely manner. Duties in the area of Executive Education on behalf of NYUAD may also be part of this role in the short term.
- Assist in developing and implementing an annual strategic plan for each academic program in conjunction with the Assistant Vice Provost for Graduate Programs and Senior Assistant to the Provost
- Administer the Office’s program for prospective PhD applicants and administer the program of professional development for Postdoctoral Associates
- Work with the Assistant Vice Provost for Graduate Programs and Senior Assistant to the Provost to design outreach campaigns and respond to external client request with development of Proposals including pricing
- Scope, implement and evaluate programs and activities to support doctoral, postdoctoral and new career faculty professional development, including preliminary negotiations with external consultants, arranging rooms, scheduling sessions, processing of invoices, and other inputs into Finance
- Scope and implement projects to establish effective operations, systems & processes of a new office – develop, implement and manage efficient and effective administrative support for the office including processes for interaction with finance, registration and HR.
- Independently compose correspondence and enquiries on behalf of the Office on a range of matters. Manage the administrative aspects of the Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Affairs and the interface with other departments, units and Divisions at NYUAD and NYU
- Represent the office of Graduate Programs in meetings and working groups. Advise prospective and current students, Deans and Faculty of requirements, courses, policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree likely interest in completing Masters level education
- Master’s degree
- A minimum of 3 years working in a business role with demonstrated initiative and success in a similar co-ordination role in academic organization (academic setting)
- Ability to lead meetings and represent the program office
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English
- Capacity to work across multiple programs and projects concurrently with a high level of service orientation
- High standard of computing and internet skills
- Professional and resourceful, using initiative and discretion in all activities – including ability to work within a team environment and deal with people from different backgrounds and nationalities
- An understanding of programs within an academic organization
- Experience with doctoral and postdoctoral student services, financial aid, and supervisory experience
- Large scale start up and serial programming skills.
- Arabic language proficiency (written and spoken)