- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of work plans including risk assessment and audit programs for assurance and/or consulting engagements.
- Conduct discussions of preliminary nature with functional staff audited.
- Conduct - in accordance with best audit practice segments of financial, operational and compliance audits of departments.
- Obtain required information directly or indirectly through examination of records and / or interviews with staff.
- For the processes / department audited, review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness and, where appropriate, draft potential recommendations for improvements
- Assess the reliability and effectiveness of internal controls. Undertake testing and field works as directed by senior staff, and ensure thorough work papers are prepared.
- Ensure knowledge of Arik and aviation industry in general is always advancing through a commitment to learn, familiarity with current issues in aviation, and research.
- Conduct ad-hoc special projects as requested from time to time by HIA.