- Compile and analyze monthly management reports. Some reports will be generated from various units, while you will be expected to prepare financial reports such as accruals reports, expenditure reports or quarterly finance page for project quarterly reports, for example. Monitor monthly expenditures against work plan, budget and obligation for all projects.
- Analyze reports: vehicle fuel reports, field office reports, phone bills, generator fuel reports, advance reports, ad hoc HR reports, making use of spreadsheets and different statistical software in order to analyze the facts of the reports. Most information is tracked in Access Database.
- Develop new and effective techniques and templates for financial monitoring.
- Keep up with the latest trends and techniques in the field of financial and management analysis.
- Coordinating with the management to help them understand the reports, interpretations and to use data in decision-making.
- Assist Finance Manager in setting up and administering a grants management system for MSH Nigeria.
- Help to issue grants to NGOs, FBOs, and CBOs ensuring that all necessary guidelines and regulations are followed.
- Help Finance Manager establish a grants application and evaluation tools of grants recipients to guarantee best use of project funds.
- As directed by the Finance Manager, manage grants at all phases and ensure compliance with donor and MSH regulations.
- With the Finance Manager, monitor and support grant recipients’ financial and operations systems ensuring best practices are being implemented.
- Provide accounting support to the Country Operations Management Unit as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, finance and accounting, or statistics required.
- At least 3 years experience working on a USAID funded project in finance office.
- Superior analytical abilities, result oriented nature and team working capabilities
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Access, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial practices.
- Ability to create and monitor budgets. Understanding of the basic tenets of Cash Control, Asset Management and Bank Reconciliation.
- Understands the principals of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Attention to detail and ability to finish projects on time required.
- Self motivation, passion, desire to learn and contribute required.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.