Roles and Responsibilities
- EFInA is seeking to appoint dynamic, strategic, and committed individuals to build on its current achievements and accelerate the impact of financial inclusion in Nigeria.
- The Grants Manager will assist the Head of Innovation Funding to deepen financial inclusion in Nigeria by developing a robust and diverse grants portfolio, managing and monitoring the performance of all grants awarded by EFInA.
- The Grants Manager will assist by driving the entire lifecycle of grants pipeline development, the Grants Manager will actively support the process of identifying prospective grantees, reviewing grant proposals, conducting due diligence, developing Grant Agreement contracts, monitoring grants according to the Grant Agreement, providing reports on the status of each grant, supporting the impact evaluation of the grants and leading the grant conclusion or termination process.
- Effective grants management will form a core function of the Grants Manager's role.
- He/she will ensure consistent and effective high standard for the grants administration process.
- The Grants Manager will ensure that grantees meet their targets and the progress is managed effectively.
- The Grants Manager will possess strong project management skills.
- He/she will also actively manage consultants to provide technical assistance support to enhance grantees' ability to meet their financial inclusion targets.
- The Grants Manger will possess the gravitas and credibility to build and maintain relationships with current and prospective grantees.
- He/she would be able to represent EFInA's objectives and work with partners to deepen financial inclusion. The individual will be a strong team play who is able to develop and inspire action among peers and direct reports.
- This is a market making role that requires a fast learner who can understand the technical elements of the grants and excel in monitoring the grants portfolio throughout the lifecycle of the grants. The role demands a person who is an analytical problem solver. He/she will have a successful track record of innovative thinking and constant improvement of processes and systems.
- The successful applicant will be comfortable negotiating change, taking responsibility, solving problems and making complex strategic and operational decisions. Highly adaptable, creative, and used to delivering results in a dynamic and fluid working environment, the Grants Manager will be expected to contribution to EFInA as soon as he/she joins the organisation.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The role will include, but not be limited to the following Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Grant Project Management:
- Develop and implement an effective project management process for all EFInA grants
- Support the development of a robust and diverse grants portfolio in line with EFInA’s strategic objectives
- Support the Programme Managers in the initial evaluation of grant proposals
- Work with Programme Managers to manage the overall grant submission and approval process
- Lead the due diligence process for all prospective grantees and grants
- Prepare draft Grant Agreements in conjunction with the relevant Programme Manager and the Head of Innovation Funding for all grants to be awarded and ensure that all relevant documentation has been received before the funds are disbursed
- Actively monitor the progress of all grantees vis-à-vis contractual milestones and Grant Agreement
- Ensure that information on the grants that EFInA has awarded is widely disseminated through all relevant communication channels
Grantee Relationship Management:
- Maintain regular contact with all grantees and in conjunction with the Grants Administrator, conduct at least one site visit per quarter for each grantee
- Arrange monthly, quarterly interaction/feedback sessions for grantees
- Provide technical assistance, through consultants, where applicable in order for grantees to meet their financial inclusion targets
Grants Financial Management:
- Oversee the financial management of grants, including grantee budgets and audits, to ensure timely grant disbursement
- Ensure timely disbursement of grants, in line with the disbursement schedule in the Grant Agreement
- Prevent financial misappropriation for all EFInA grants
- Ensure that all project monitoring reports are received within the timelines specified in the Grant Agreement
- Produce quarterly reports that provide a dashboard of the progress of key performance indicators of all existing grants for sign off by the Head of Innovation Funding
- Prepare project completion reports for sign off by the Head of Innovation Funding
- Regularly update the Innovation Fund Policies & Procedures Manual for approval by the Head of Innovation Funding
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning:
- Capture lessons learned based on the grantees’ experience for dissemination within EFInA and among relevant stakeholders
- Support the Head of Innovation Funding and Head of Knowledge & Evidence in communicating the achievement of EFInA’s grant portfolio to various stakeholders to deepen financial inclusion in Nigeria
- Ensure that impact assessments are conducted for all innovation grants that have been fully disbursed
- Ensure that the impact of grant-funded projects is clear and communicated with all relevant stakeholders.