- Quality – Adherence to agreed branding/design initiatives. Deliver and maintain a consistently high standard of quality. Apply innovative thinking to design problems to present the best possible solution to the business.
- Market Leadership – Ongoing support and communication to the firm on our design standards. Support the firm’s strategy and contribute towards consistent execution of brand strategy.
- People – Develop and maintain relationships with all clients. Provide continual support and ideas. Synergistic approach and interaction within studio team. Be a valued member of the BDU team and support their initiatives.
- Operational excellence – Design, production, print and delivery of sales proposals, brochures and other marketing collateral, internal publications, adverts, function material, posters, original artwork etc.
- 3 to 5 years’ hands on experience in a design studio as an Intermediate designer. Technical training in graphic design with a diploma in graphic design from a reputable tertiary organisation
- Experience and high level proficiency in Adobe In Design, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to engage people in an effective way. Strong listening and interpretation skills. Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent personal time management skills.
- Proactive, focused, able to work well under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work in an extended team (across Africa) and contribute positively.
- A strong understanding of how graphic design plays a role in executing the organisation’s brand value proposition.
- High standard of both verbal and written English.
- Collaborative – ability to obtain input and feedback constructively.
- Persuasive and diplomatic.
- Strong organising, project management and planning skills: Ability to proactively plan, follow up, manage and deliver on deadlines.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Business travel may be required.
- Flexibility concerning working hours is required.
- Experience in editorial design and publishing will be an added advantage
Note: A technical skills test will be required from shortlisted candidates in the recruitment process.