This new role is responsible for assisting the General Counsel and Chief Executive to ensure our business is conducted in a manner that accords with relevant regulations and best practice regarding Anti Bribery and Corruption, Foreign and Corrupt Practices, Money Laundering and Sanctions (the “Compliance Areas”)
- Ensure that appropriate Policies and Procedures for the Compliance Areas are written, approved and embedded in the business and that Independent challenge and oversight is applied to the approved compliance policies.
- Ensure all staff are made aware of their corporate and personal regulatory obligations and help senior management effectively understand, manage, monitor and mitigate the Press approach to risk arising from the Compliance Areas.
- Provide timely, accurate, and relevant regulatory advice and guidance in relation to the Compliance Areas.
- Assist the General Counsel with providing appropriate management information to the Press Board, Operating Board and Audit Committee in relation to the Compliance Areas.
- Ensure the Press’s Mission can be effectively delivered within the context of appropriate regulatory and governance standards.
- Ensure that all decisions e.g. product, market, geography, customer, scope or process, receive appropriate regulatory consideration.
- Support those other people in the business responsible for ensuring the Press is conducting its affairs in the proper fashion including any nominated ABC officers and colleagues in Legal and Finance.
- Shape the Press approach to dealing with regulators responsible for the Compliance Areas and build and maintain contact with other Senior Compliance Professionals throughout the Industry to assist him/her in ensuring that compliance policies, procedures and standards meet best practice.
- Detailed knowledge of financial services regulations
- Considerable knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice
- Proven ability in interpreting and applying regulatory guidelines
- Experience of communicating with regulators at a senior level and able to deal with queries
- Degree qualified and/or holder of relevant professional qualification