The main purpose of this role is to be the main point of contact for the guests in particular the Japanese guests upon their arrival until their departure and to handle all enquiries throughout their stay in a friendly and effective manner always striving to exceed expectations and adhering to the Jumeirah Signature Standards.
- Prepare next day's VIP arrival list, along with amenities requisition
- Check Arrivals list for the following day, ensures rooms for VIP guests and guests with special requests are allocated accordingly
- Order and ensure timely delivery of amenities for all arrival and in-house VIP guests
- Inspect the rooms of all VIP guests prior to their arrival at the hotel
- Cover shifts on Lobby Duty in accordance with duty roster, these duties will include the welcoming and rooming of arriving VIP and suite guests
- Upsell guests to higher room category or package, according to the Jumeirah Upselling Program
- Check the previous night's no shows and ensure that amenities are pulled out accordingly
- Cover shifts on the Guest Services Desk in accordance with duty roster
- Attend to special requests made by guests prior to, during or after their arrival
- Print and action Guest Services Trace Report
- Carry out courtesy calls to VIPs and suite guests
- Administer the guest history details of our visitors
- Provide tours of the hotel and its facilities, as required
- Assist with group registration when required
- Prepare and distribute the daily guest feedback report
- Prepare and distribute the daily guest amenity list
- Prepare welcome letters for all VIP guests
- Prepare special guest letters (i.e. Birthday, Anniversary, Honeymoon)
- Carry out courtesy calls to VIPs and Japanese guests
- Manage arrival and departure expectations of our Japanese guests
To be considered for this role it is essentail you have earned a Secondary Education and previous Guest Service Experience in a five - star hotel or equivalent. You should be knowledgeable in Microsoft and Front Office applications as well as fluent in written and spoken English and Japanese.
A Bachelor's Degree / Masters Degree from hotel school and knowledge of Opera (Front Office Applications) will be viewed as highly desirable.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight ticket allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.