Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Counsellors work in confidential settings with individuals who are experiencing personal difficulties, to help them overcome their problems and to make appropriate changes to their life.
School counselors help to make learning a positive experience for every student. They are sensitive to individual differences. They know that a classroom environment that is good for one child is not necessarily good for another. Counselors facilitate communication among teachers, parents, administrators, and students to adapt the school's environment in the best interests of each individual student. They help individual students make the most of their school experiences and prepare them for the future.
- To help any student in need of academic, social and emotional assistance.
- Involves in activities and services that will enhance the quality of the students’ school experience·
- Provides teacher with a problem checklist to be completed ·
- Review strategies and interventions in the classroom ·
- Review current and past report card as well as standardized test scores of student in question ·
- Set up meeting with parents and other I&RS committee members ·
- Actively involves parents or legal guardian in the development and implementation of further interventions ·
- Monitors and reviews progress of any student referred to the I&RS ·
- Determines the success of the strategies and intervention ·
- Files all necessary paperwork on students.
- Facilitates meetings with teachers and parents to set up, review and evaluate plans.
- Establish plans for students if needed.
- Distribute plans to teachers making them aware of students needs.
- Check the progress and monitor all students with plans.
- Sends progress reports home to parents, Peer Leader/Mediator Advisor and many others
All interested applicant MUST possess a minimum of HND or BSC. Other qualifications are added advantage.
All interested applicants should forward their CV through the HR to this email@example.com or via text to this contact 08035817229.