Port Sunlight R&D is home to one of Unilever's largest packaging development teams, responsible for global packaging design for two of the leading categories, Hair & Laundry with a multi-billion Euro turnover. The Hair team leads packaging design for global brands such as Sunsilk, Dove, TRESemme, Tony&Guy; TiGi
This role provides an excellent opportunity to influence the future design direction of the Categories, where there is an emphasis on consumer, shopper and customer-winning pack designs, creating beautiful irresistible brand packaging, in conjunction to functionality; cost optimization & sustainability
As a Packaging Manager you will be responsible for:
- To lead small teams of packaging professionals to manage packaging projects within the Hair Category, both for innovation and savings initiatives.
- To understand and apply the knowledge of consumer, shopper and customer drivers to create great designs and packaging solutions
- To work with the regional teams to develop and implement solutions into the marketplace, according to the R&D Operating Framework
- To develop components and specifications which meet consumer needs, functional parameters, cost targets and supply chain requirements
- Minimum A level qualification or equivalent, degree preferred, in a packaging or science based subject
- Significant experience in packaging development or related technical function. This should include experience in the key aspects of packaging development in a Design or Deploy function
- Extensive knowledge of packaging materials with a key focus on rigid plastics & 2D executions
- Packaging technical skills, particularly in design/conversion processes/supply chain implications
- Experience of leading the development of a packaging project in a matrix environment from concept generation through to implementation in factories.
- Experience of working successfully with virtual teams.
- Candidates must have a working understanding of English (written & verbal)
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent & Teams