Our client, a big player in the hospitality space, which offers a collection of the finest fully serviced apartments in Abuja, geared towards the long stay guest is looking to recruit a Head Accountant.
The role will be focused on Fixed asset, Revenue, Costing, payables, Purchases, Weekly retirements and Revenue center supervision.
JOB LOCATION: ABUJA
- Daily review and reconciliation of Peachtree with Opera; Using Occupancy reports generated by the Night Auditor.
- Maintains all Revenue ledgers in Opera and Peachtree
- Daily review and updates of cash registers after the night audit job and posting of all unposted cash receipts into Opera and Peachtree
- Updates all outlets revenue ledgers both on Opera and Peachtree, attend to daily internal audit queries after consultation with the Accountant
- Updates the company asset schedule with new purchases according to each class of asset, keep the asset purchase documents for easy referencing
- Coordinates the movement and the removal of any asset in a professional way that is acceptable in the hospitality industries
- Coordinates and report end of month asset and stock counting exercise.
- Recognize and recommend actions on obsolete, shortage and mixing items after each counting exercise
- Coordinates Departmental purchases with the Storekeepers/Store supervisor and handles all the retirements of the weekly purchases with the internal audit and purchase officials.
- Updates in all the relevant ledgers i.e, cost of sales Housekeeping ledgers, Cost of Sales Kitchen ledgers, Cost of Sales Repairs and Maintenance, DSTV and etc
- Receipts of all vendors invoices from Admin and the Accountant, send them to Internal Audit, GM ,accrue them into their respective ledgers and gather them to the accountant in table format
- Follow-up of Stock Issue from the Store, agreeing on kitchen requisition with the kitchen stock balances and agreeing with the captain orders with the Sales invoices
- Supervises asset coding and renumbering
- Post all management kitchen consumption into the Peachtree which the night auditor could not ascertain before he closes
- Bank Reconciliation; first bank accounts
- Custodian of general float (petty cash), do all payments by following all the pre and post procedures
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good personal presentation and professionalism
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 supervisory years experience
- A minimum of 8 years total work experience
- A chartered accountant
- Must have a first degree in accounting or similar field.
- A good knowledge of Peach tree accounting Software or similar ERP.