The Head, Admin will be responsible for overseeing the management of Konga property and assets, transport, warehouse and logistics as well as general administrative services. The job holder is required to oversee the overall daily office operations, improve administrative processes and policies, manage administrative staff and participate in long-term organizational planning.
Reporting Line Director, Finance
Duties & Responsibilities
Planning and budget management
• Develop and implement effective administration policies and procedures.
Review and update the procedures as required;
• Oversee the annual budget preparation for the department and present for management approval; monitor and control the administration budget;Property management
• Oversee the management of all property management services including the building cleaning and security, maintenance and repair and furniture and fittings;
• Responsible for the allocation and furnishing of office space.
• Supervise and review the performance of outsourced property managers and suppliers.Asset Management
• Develop and oversee the implementation of the asset management system, including: the
• Establishment of the Asset Management Unit, departmental policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain the annual asset management plans aligned with the departmental
• Strategy and budget, and in consultation with other departments where applicable.
• Develop and maintain asset registers, including; acquisitions, maintenance management, transfers and valuations
• Prepare a business plan for the life cycle of assets, including; an analysis of pricing options
• Utilising life cycle cost, and recommendations on the most appropriate asset solution
• Prepare a monthly reconciliation with supporting schedules of the asset registers to the relevant accounting records, and resolve uncleared itemsLogistics Management
• Manage planning and implementation of logistics, including coordination with Project Managers and Project Developers.
• Participate in the development of logistics policies and procedures in line with the procurement policies and strategic objectives of the organization./
• Administer transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
• Monitor equipment import processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.Fleet management
• Oversee the transport and fleet management services and systems.
• Oversee the proper maintenance, safety and security of the motor vehicle fleet.
• Oversee the deployment of vehicles.
• Oversee the allocation and usage of fuel and ensure fuel accountability.General administration
• Oversee general administration services including security, telephone services, reception services and staff welfare.
• Oversee the management of the registry, courier and postal services in the fund.
• Ensures the provision of a conducive working environment including good lighting, sufficient office space and accessibility.Leadership
• Supervise and manage the performance and development of staff in the department in line with the Organisation’s goals, objectives, policies and regulations.
• Development of annual work plans and the annual budget plans and implementation.