- The role reports to the Director Risk and Compliance within the AEDC organogram.
- He/she is to effectively develop and implement an Enterprise Wide Risk Management System for the organisation, develop a risk identification and reporting matrix for the organisation and prepare quarterly ERM Reports for the EMT and EXCOM of the AEDC Board.
Key Roles Responsibilities
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall Enterprise Risk Management process and plan for the organization Leading and coordinating risk assessments, identifying the operational and strategic risks, facilitating the prioritization of risks and the identification of risk owners.
- Ensure the provision of on-the-job technical training for staff to ensure skills transfer.
- Lead in establishing and monitoring performance benchmarks for the Business Risk Management function and ensure the promotion of a high performance culture within team.
- Co-ordinate all Risk Management activities and events within AEDC.
- Ensure the implementation of all the Company’s Risk Management Frameworks which includes Enterprise Risk Management, Insurance Risk Management, Crisis Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Fraud Risk Management, and Information Security Risk Management in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Conduct Risk assessments, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Business Continuity: Manage potential and real situations that may cause disruption to operations and invocation of business continuity plans, including implementation of a robust business recovery strategy comprising an impact analysis, contingency plans and testing and with consideration to critical parties and vendors. Responsibilities also include facilitation of mandatory business continuity awareness and escalation of business continuity risks
- Conduct Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization’s previous handling of risks
- Establishing and quantifying the organization’s ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to undertake
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks
- Coordinate Risk and Control Assessment (“RCA”) including set scope, identify material risks, assign risk prioritization, identify and assess the design and operating effectiveness of key controls to mitigate operational risk
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization
Minimum Qualification Required:
- A First Degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or / and natural Sciences
Additional Qualification Required:
- An MBA and a professional Risk Management Qualification a MUST.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 10 Years Experience in an industry / commercial entity with experience in the development and implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Programme and Business Continuity Management (BCM) Plans
The candidate must be prepared to work unusually long hours; both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply. The following attributes are also very cardinal for the effective delivery of this function:-
- Effective Leadership
- Result Oriented with ‘a can do’ attitude
- Good Interpersonal Relationship
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
The CEO/MD, Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,
1 Ziquinchor Street,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Executive Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services.