In this varied & responsible role, you will oversee the food preparation process and delivery for a specific section of the kitchen. Working within established operational guidelines, you will ensure the kitchen and the food preparation processes remain within Company and Municipality guidelines, that goods (both food and non-food) are stored efficiently, that wastage of goods(both food and non-food) is strictly controlled and that the highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen is upheld at all times.
- Supervise the food preparation process within section to ensure it is carried out as per the standard guidelines.
- Monitor food quality and consistency to ensure food presented is of highest quality and standard as per the agreed menus & guidelines.
- Allocate initial food preparation tasks to the team, whilst participating as required in the production, and in the final phases of preparation and presentation.
- Guide junior staff to carry out the food preparation process in an efficient manner.
- Instruct / train the kitchen team on routine procedures and supervise their tasks to ensure clarity and adherence.
- Work efficiently to control wastage of food and non- food items.
- Work within operational standards to ensure the kitchen and food preparation process remain within Company and Municipality guidelines.
- Ensure that the highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen are maintained.
- Possess complete and thorough knowledge of how to operate all kitchen equipment and machinery, including cleaning and maintenance practices.
- Carry out additional tasks as instructed by management.
A strong team-player with great work ethics
Passionate about your profession, with a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a food preparation role
Knowledge on Sushi preparation will be highly desirable.
You will possess complete and thorough knowledge of how to operate all kitchen equipment and machinery, including cleaning and maintenance practices.
A qualification/certification in Food and Beverage would be an advantage.