Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize conferences and events in relationships with other organizations
- Manage and control events and budgets
- Develop event strategies to reflect sales and marketing goals
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical ability
- Ability to lead others and develop strong teams and relations across the organization (Sales, Marketing, Functional Partners) to achieve event plan objectives
- Ability to effectively translate company objectives into creative event platforms
- Ability to manage staff and external vendors in order to maximize productivity of department
- Excellent knowledge of conference/event environment
- Ability to deal with confidential tasks with total discretion
- Flexible, ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- Develop the conferences and events into a profitable Strategic Business Unit.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Finance, Business Management or any relevant discipline with a good Master’s degree particularly an MBA from reputable University;
- Minimum of 7-.10 years’ cognate experience with at least 5 years at Senior Management level in the print media, agencies or experience in, consulting.
- Proven working experience in Conferences and Events Management
- Experience in identifying target audience and devising strategies that engage, inform and motivate readers to improve brand and market visibility.