The Head, Corporate Commercial will build and maintain strong communication channels with IHS current and potential customers, both externally and internally and also represent and promote IHS by maintaining a presence at professional events and networks.
The Individual must be committed to understanding and exceeding our customers’ needs and developing trusted, reliable and collaborative relationships; consistently operating at the highest standards of good ethics.
- Identify and advise on appropriate contracts and transactions in alignment with the Company’s business and growth plans;
- Ensure that all contractual documents of the Company are in compliance with applicable laws, guideline, regulations and best practice;
- Provide and interpret legal document/opinions/information;
- Lead, deal with, and handle complex and significant legal matters that cut across the business segments of the Company;
- Instruct, manage and support external counsel on legal matters that require external legal services (e.g. high value or complex deals and acquisitions);
- Provide general legal support to other business segments of the Company;
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide contract management system, framework contract templates, structures, policies, processes and templates;
- Build effective working relationships with the various business functions within the Company, and with customers to support business decision-making and foster long term customer relationship.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the telecommunication sector preferred;
- Research skills required;
- Business-oriented and computer literate;
- Experienced in negotiating commercial contracts and demonstrate ability to handle and close commercial and legal negotiations with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and high-performing, business results-driven corporate environment;
- Demonstrated ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- LLM in Commercial Law/ MBA;
- 10+ years of corporate commercial law experience in leading law firms in the country and/or corporate legal department.