The role is responsible for the design, alignment and implementation of the company’s vision, mission, values and strategy. Focuses on conceptualising and formulating strategy, strategic initiatives and translating them to the day-to-day activities of the company while evaluating organisational performance in line with those goals.
- Support the Divisional Operations Manager in creating the company’s 5-year strategic plan, including annual operating plans (AOP), short and long range forecasting and development of individual, team and corporate goals.
- Articulate the company’s mission in a clear and concise way that can speak to customers and employees at all levels.
- Manage the delivery of documents relating to the strategic plan.
- Set timetable and process for review of the strategic plan, and advise
- on redevelopment in the run up to the next strategic period
- Collaborate with senior management to devise effective short and long term plans.
- Analyse financial and strategic implications of portfolio decisions and recommend action
- Analyse the success of products, projects and activities.
- Assess the company’s many different projects from the products & services down to the daily administrative activities to make sure they align with the company’s goals.
- Evaluate the economic and financial viability of the company by using management strategies, financial accounting, human resources planning, customer relations methodologies and technologies.
- Communicate the company’s official stance on its mission to external sources and internally to all personnel.
- Discover ways to increase profitability by eliminating wasteful practices and expediting product delivery.
- Undertake research into competitive strategies, evaluating competition and determining new strategic direction for the ICT industry.
- Track, analyse and report competitive intelligence to relevant functions so as to modify, strategies and tactics for implementing organisational objectives.
- Lead and support management in application and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Line manage the Corporate Executives and work with him/her to develop, monitor and evaluate a set of policy dialogue and public affairs objectives that advance the organisation’s strategic aims.
- Take lead writing responsibility for particular policy and position papers
- Champion and support the company’s policy communications strategy internally and externally.
- Contribute to the delivery of the policy communications strategy through attendance at assigned meetings or holding assigned relationships.
- Represents the company in official functions.
- Develops new business opportunities by leverage contacts, pursuing new product development, and improving project efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, policies, and regulations.
- Establish and lead the collection of key business metrics, dashboards and scorecards to evaluate the ongoing health of the business and the effectiveness of product launches, R&D initiatives and marketing programs and other functions.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Strategic Planning & Communication – Effective coordination, and leadership of the organisation’s strategic planning activities and processes. Effective communication of agreed corporate strategy to the entire workforce.
- Strategy Evaluation – effective selection and appropriateness of strategy based on sound evaluation principles.
- Execution, Monitoring and Evaluation – consistent implementation of organisational objectives and periodic measurement of results.
- Strong knowledge of management strategies, financial accounting, human resource planning, customer relations, and implementation of new technologies.
- Good knowledge of research, data analysis and coordination.
- Sound industry knowledge, and strategic management principles.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in strategic planning, business management, corporate leadership, and financial decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, finance, or marketing required.
- Masters of Business Administration is added advantage
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Ability work independently
- Managerial skills
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Communication skills