Specific functions include:
- Be responsible for analyzing, compiling and validating crucial medical data, using statistical techniques.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Engage with Clients to clearly define business requirements.
- Perform complex data analysis to support research requests by he client
- Follow quality assurance guidelines including the documentation, review and approval of all project related artifacts.
- Develop packages for Clients
- Engage in complete Profiling of Clients.
- Keep effective tabs on Clients.
- Responsible for turning data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You will conduct full life cycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics an MBA will be an added advantage.
- 3+ experience in Healthcare experience, 5+ years of Data analysis, 3+ years relational data base experience.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Ability to develop, influence and implement systems and procedures to ensure that large Regional areas are well managed.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and presentational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of project management techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.