- Managing daily production, receiving, and shipping activities to ensure all standards of quality, safety, and productivity are achieved. Frequent independent judgments are essential.
- The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily achievement of the distribution expense, safety, quality, and production goals.
- Monitor staffing and equipment levels to ensure adequate utilization of resources and production line balancing.
- Enforce all work regulations and union contracts.
- Monitor maintenance functions to ensure adequate material handling systems are utilized.
- Anticipate the distribution operational needs and act accordingly to ensure all objectives are met.
- Establish performance objectives for associates in the distribution team; analyze performance reports to find ways to improve operation.
Required Skills and Competencies Experience
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis.
- Results oriented
- Capable of leading team
- Committed approach to work and commitment to own professional development
Qualifications and Experience
- A good first Degree in Business and Logistics or any of the Social Sciences
- An second Degree in a relevant course is required
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Age between 30-40 years
- Minimum of Five (5) years' experience in warehouse management systems and material handling equipment techniques;
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Track record in organisation management and leadership at a strategic level
- Proven track record of delivering results in a company of comparable size, scope and complexity
- Experience in distribution and management in Nigeria or abroad will be a distinguishing advantage