Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: Distribution Team
- Managing daily production, receiving, and shipping activities to ensure all standards of quality, safety, and productivity are achieved. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily achievement of the distribution expense, safety, quality, and production goals.
- Monitor staffing and equipment levels to ensure adequate utilization of resources and production line balancing.
- Enforce all work regulations and union contracts.
- Monitor maintenance functions to ensure adequate material handling systems are utilized.
- Anticipate the distribution operational needs and act accordingly to ensure all objectives are met.
- Establish performance objectives for associates in the distribution team; analyze performance reports to find ways to improve operation.
Required Skills and Competencies Experience in marketing and sales
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis.
- Results oriented
- Capable of leading team
- Committed approach to work and commitment to own professional development
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a good first Degree in Pharmacology
- Must be a licensed pharmacist
- An second degree in a relevant course is required
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Age between 30-40 years
- Minimum of Five (5) years' experience in warehouse management systems and material handling equipment techniques;
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Track record in organisation management and leadership at a strategic level
- Proven track record of delivering results in a company of comparable size, scope and complexity
- Experience in distribution and management in Nigeria or abroad will be a distinguishing advantage.