- This role is primarily responsible for establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- The Job Holder reports to the Director, Support Services and has oversight of the Finance team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports.
- Identify risks and long-term financial implications of financial decisions and advise management accordingly.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data.
- Coordinate and manage budget and control expenses effectively.
- Authorize expenditure/ transactions in line with the Agency's approved authority limits.
- Coordinate timely preparation of financial statements, ensuring the statements reflect the Agency's financial position
- Ensure that the Agency's financial reporting process is in line with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information for decision making.
- Ensure availability of adequate funding as required for the Agency's operations, in line with its financial policies.