- Provide financial advisory and services to assure cash flow adequacy, optimal gearing, near and long term liquidity required to actualise the business profitability.
- Additionally, oversee regulatory business and financial compliance and a robust management information system that aligns with Company financial goals.
- Accountable for risk-based financial strategy that is aligned and integrated into the corporate business plan
- Assure near term cash flow and availability of longer-term liquidity for operations, profits and growth.
- As leadership team member, provide financial advisory services based on market realities and trends.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with financial institutions, ensuring an optimally geared profile
- Manage the budget preparation, disbursement, monitoring, reporting and evaluation activities.
- Manage treasury and taxation activities to achieve optimal use of funds and tax compliance respectively
- Accountable for Company’s enterprise resource system and timely, accurate management information
- Responsible for accounting services, managing the Payable and Receivables accounts to maximise value.
- Accountable for developing, overseeing and managing compliance to the (Financial) Manual of Authorities
- Managing the fixed assets register; ensure all assets are properly identified, amortised and disposed off.
- Support the Internal Audit team to achieve regulatory compliance – both financial and business
- Own and implement whistle blowing, fraud prevention and detection activities across the Company
- Responsible for managing finance staff across the Company (including learning and development)
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field. Relevant accounting professional certification e.g. ACA etc. is mandatory. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 8 years work experience in a similar function.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a management role, with proven capacity to lead a high performance cross functional team.