A rapidly expanding Software Company in Lagos currently require a Head of Financail Planning & Reporting to join their dynamic team.
- Are you someone who is regarded as a whiz, a super hero with figures and calculations? A Financial and Accounting guru… Number crunching just comes to you so naturally and you can so easily make sense of it!? Do you thrive on ensuring your clients (staff, vendors etc.) are satisfied while balancing it with company’s objectives…We want you! And if you believe you have what it takes to build a multi-billion dollar company and ready to work at it…yup!!! We want you too!
- The Financial Planning and Reporting Accountant will be responsible for coordination of all Audits and Statutory evaluations for the organization. He/She will evaluate the company’s financial performance and funds creating a system of credible financial intelligence for the organization collaborating actively with all relevant parties, internal and external, to ensure the effective delivery of required results.
- Ensure that all transactions have been processed fully and in correct application of all relevant laws, standard and regulations (e.g. Capitalization Policy, Intellectual Property Recognition, Time-Sheet Management, Provisions, Cost Allocation and Apportionment, etc.)
- Prepare and circulate financial reports (periodic and ad-hoc), in compliance with relevant standards, as may be required (Cost and Revenue treatments and recognition, Provisions, etc.)
- Track the company’s financial performance as well as prepare and circulate weekly flash reports for management purpose
- Create and maintain a robust Cash-Flow Management System, with an adequate alarm system
- Flag and escalate all incidents of derailing financial performance, with clear facts and statistics, as soon as they arise.
- Carry out all relevant reviews, analysis, interpretation and dimensioning of financial date to generate relevant insights and information for management
- Recommend appropriate financing structure through a proper analysis of the market and all available instruments and options.
- Develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
- Drive the company’s budgeting and financial modelling process, validating and full-proofing all assumptions and estimations.
- Prepare the required variance analysis, periodic and ad-hoc
- Responsible for the correctness and completeness of the company’s payroll computation, ensuring the most optimal payroll structure at all times
- Drive the monthly month-end closure process and procedure
- Ensure the filing of all relevant reports and payments in strict compliance with relevant laws, standard and regulations (Taxes, Insurance, etc.)
- Ensure that all required regulatory requirements are complied with, including but not limited to Insurance, Hedging instruments, among others
- - Ensure that all Bank Accounts are duly reconciled on a daily/weekly basis and that all reconciling items are cleared promptly
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as the Inland Revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Banking and/or Finance or related discipline from any reputable institution
- Accounting/Finance related certifications ACCA, ICAN, CFA, CPA
- 5-7 years of general ledger accounting related experience
- Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
- ERP experience (SAP, Oracle or other) will be an added advantage
- Strong collections and contract administration experience
- Experience in a conglomerate or group setting; private equity or venture capital and in 1 or more of FinTech, financial services, payments or technology industries is an advantage
- Strong Stakeholder Management/Communication Skills
- Gets things done! Execution oriented
- Pays a lot attention to Detail
- Honest and straight forward
- Well organized, good communication, documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to succeed in fast paced environments at a high-growth company; comfortable with very tight timelines; possessing a sense of urgency.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems combined with a willingness to do what one must to ensure timelines & goals are met.