· Ensure full compliance with the Financial Controls Policies (FCP) within the Bank.
· Coordinate the Finance teams in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and Cameroon to implement and adhere to the provisions of the Bank's operational risk framework.
· Drive completeness of ownership and reconciliations and substantiation of balance sheet accounts in line with the provisions of the FCP
· Implement controls to monitor the number, age and nature of outstanding items in suspense and sundry accounts and prompt resolution of identified issues
· Serve as FCP and Operational Risk subject matter expert in Finance
· Scope and perform periodic control reviews across finance to determine the effectiveness of controls.
· Develop and implement training plans aimed at ensuring the FCP is clearly communicated bankwide.
· Provide necessary clarification and coaching on FCP issues to all businesses and enforce compliance with FCP.
· Ensure prompt and proper conduct of all KCSAs and arrange for all documents required for the Monthly BORG meeting
· Support the ED, Finance and CFO West Africa to maintain a robust controls environment across Finance teams in Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Cameroon.
· Ensure accurate, complete and timely reconciliations in Nigeria and drive the message of zero tolerance for operational losses and reconciliation breaks
· Enhance adherence to the Operational risk framework within Finance in Nigeria & West Africa through the WA Risk Forum
· Strengthen the financial controls hub for Cameroon and Sierra Leone in Nigeria.