To plan, recruit, train, motivate, discipline and retain high calibre employees for the purpose of contributing to the achievement of the company's goals.
- Articulate, develop and Implement overall HR strategy, policies and procedures in line with corporate strategies and objectives.
- Initiate and co-ordinate recruitment, selection, induction/placement, appraisal and advancement of high calibre employees to meet the current and future manpower requirements of the company.
- Evaluate company culture and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Create company training and organizational development plan to meet personal, professional, and organizational needs of company employees.
- Plan, organize, direct and control or coordinate the personnel or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and induction process to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labour relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Management of annual leave roster, post probation confirmations, data base management, and health, safety and environment services at the branch.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Attend to employees grievances and complaints, provide guidance if necessary.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A good university degree in Humanities, Social Sciences or Law.
- Relevant professional membership.
- At least 10 years post qualification cognate experience, at least 3 of which must be in management position.
- Experience in a unionised work environment will be neccessary for this role.
- Sound working knowledge of labour laws, human resources management etc.
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Services practices and principles;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Human Resource Management practices and principle.