- Assist in the preparation, conduct and execution of internal and external audits of academic provision and standards, including the preparation for institutional review.
- Prepare review reports of the school's practice in relation to academic quality and committee papers on proposed developments and initiatives within the school.
- Work with the School Officers to improve the consistency of processes within the School to enhance the student learning experience.
- Provide advice and guidance to school's officers and staff on the interpretation and application of its Regulatory Framework, including:
programme design and approval
student conduct and academic progress
the principles and practices of assessment and the conduct of boards of examiners
student appeals and complaints
annual programme monitoring
- Promotion of the importance of the annual monitoring process in:
monitoring student performance and progression
the maintenance of academic standards
evidencing progress with the School’s strategic plan and good practice
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to organise projects
- Ability to communicate complex information in an effective, concise and tactful manner, both orally and in writing
- Experience of writing substantial reports
- Ability to analyse national policy developments and communicating about them within an organisation
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Experience of programme design and/or curriculum development.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety experience in an educational establishment would be an advantage.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification and/or membership of a relevant professional body
- The ability to take a leading role in the maintenance and development of academic standards across the Institution.
- Substantial specialist knowledge and experience of regulations relating to academic administration.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with a range of colleagues in different areas within an organisation
- The ability to prevent and/or solve problems with flexibility, timeliness and imagination
- Ability to manage budgets and allocate resources to meet priorities
- Strong IT skills
- The ability to develop a network of contacts in other institutions and/or organisations as a basis for identifying points of comparison and good practice elsewhere