Our organisation, a leader in the healthcare industry requires the services of dynamic, result-oriented, focused and hard-working individuals for the post of
HEAD, INTERNAL AUDIT AND CONTROL
Leading and participating in audit reviews, delivering audit outputs including final reports within agreed timescales and in accordance with Internal Audit Standards. These entails:
1) Executing the audit assignment within the agreed budget
2) Complying with International Internal Audit standards in terms of the quality and systematic approach to planning and executing audit assignments
3) Planning audit assignments based on key processes and business risks identified, and designing the audit program in line with risks and key controls to be tested.
4) Raising queries/recommendations for the exceptions observed on best practice
5) Liasing with external auditors and follow up on audit queries
6) Expressing opinions based on the results of the work performed.
7) Supervising other internal auditors involved in the assignment and reviewing their deliverables.
8) Performing follow-up audits on high risk findings where applicable.
9) Ensuring efficient and effective execution of audit work to enable timely completion of reports for submission to Management
10) Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of the company’s internal control environment including quality compliance on management of budgetary and extra budgetary resources.
11) Liasing with/Reporting to members of the Audit Committee
Competencies and Skills
Good strategic analysis skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Conversant with key accounting packages and computer assisted auditing techniques
Honesty and reliability
Excellent planning, organizational, communication and reporting skills.
B.Sc in Accounting/Accountancy/Business Administration/Economics
A professional accounting qualification such as ACA,ACCA,CIMA,CIPFA
MBA is an added advantage
Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.