- Directs the overall operations of the Internal Audit Department on behalf of the Board Audit Committee and the management.
- Evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that risk management controls are functioning.
- Ensure efficient and effective performance companywide vide internal control adherence monitoring.
- Evaluates mitigants for all recognized corporate risks and advise management.
- Ensures projects are prioritized based on risk and exposure and assist with project appraisals.
- Creates an effective strategic direction roadmap which covers the values, mission, and objectives of Internal Audit now and in the future.
- Ensures adequate corporate governance exists to provide transparency in business practices Establishes a quality control programmes over Internal Audit activities, and ensure Departmental process, methodology and work flow are effective companywide (including project planning, resource management., file review reporting. and follow up).
- Embedding minimum acceptable standards and control frameworks which meet both Arik’s Internal Audit objectives.
- Ensures that Internal Audit staffs develop skills and knowledge which provide maximum value for the business, and which are relevant for career advancement.
- Conducts ad-hoc special pro jet ts as requested by the Board of Directors. Audit Committee or the CEO.
- Maintains the independence and objectivity required by internal audit functions.