The ideal candidate will have a university degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or any other Social Science disciplines. A Master’s degree in Business Administration will be of added advantage. He/she must possess relevant professional certifications like: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or its equivalent. He/she will also have at least 12 years post qualification experience in internal audit, preferably in an upstream oil and gas company with at least 5 years in a managerial role liaising with the board audit committee.
He/she must have a track record of delivering results with notable achievements and must have a very good understanding of the risk environment in an exploration and production company.
This position is based in Lagos and commands an attractive remuneration package.
The successful candidate is expected to have the following competencies:
- In-depth understanding of internal auditing standards, responsibilities and code of ethics
- Deep oil and gas Industry knowledge
- Deep understanding of Accounting principles and standards
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and evaluation ability
- Business Acumen
- Knowledge and application of regulatory guidelines
- Enterprise risk management skills
- Ability to analyze and document business processes
- Deep knowledge of operational management
- Investigation and reporting skills