- Direct the overall operations of the Internal Audit department on behalf of the Board Audit Committee and the Management.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management controls are functioning.
- Ensure efficient and effective performance as well as monitor adherence of internal controls companywide.
- Evaluate and mitigate for all recognized corporate risks and advise management.
- Ensure projects are prioritized based on risk and exposure and assist with project appraisals.
- Create an effective and strategic direction roadmap which covers the values, mission, and objectives of Internal Audit now and in the future.
- Ensure adequate corporate governance exists to provide transparency in business practices.
- Establish quality control programmes over Internal Audit activities, and ensure departmental processes, methodologies and work flows are effective companywide (including project planning, resource management, file review, reporting, and follow up).
- Embed minimum acceptable standards and control frameworks which meet Arik’s Internal Audit objectives.
- Ensure that Internal Audit staffs develop skills and knowledge which provide maximum value for the business, and which are relevant for career advancement.
- Conduct ad-hoc special projects as requested by the Board of Directors, Audit Committee or the CEO.
- Maintain the independence and objectivity required by internal audit functions.
- Work with Business owners to provide independent strategic support to add value and help them achieve their functional, departmental and corporate goals.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline
- MBA or other post-graduate degree is desirable
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA/CA/ACA) specialized in auditing, financial analysis, and business process
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience at a senior level in auditing and/or accounting functions within aviation or a Big 4 environment
- Corporate governance and SOX
- Modern internal audit best practice
- Risk-based audit techniques
- Control self-assessment methodology
- Computer assisted audit techniques
- Airline revenue process
- Fraud prevention, exposures and detection
- Aviation supply chain
- Computer literacy (all MS Office programmes)