• Drive and formulate Audit policies and procedures in accordance with generally accepted audit principles and standards;
• Contribute to the annual and 3 year audit plan for approval by the CRO;
• Supervise and ensure that post audit action plans are implemented and adhered to by relevant personnel;
• Work with Management to ensure a system is in place which ensures that all major risks are identified and analyzed, regularly and periodically;
• Assist in the leadership and development of the internal audit team, liaise with internal and external auditors and provide support, training and development of audit staff and subordinates;
• Ensure compliance with all statutory authority, taxation and audit requirements;
• Monitoring and maintaining a safe, healthy and secure environment, updating executive managers on risks identified, providing assurance that all key risks are being managed effectively;
• Proactively evaluating risks and internal controls against changing trends and market/economic conditions;
• Planning individual audits, defining audit objectives and preparing audit plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management or related field.
• Professional membership of ACA/ACCA is an added advantage
• At least 7 years experience in a structured process driven organization; 4 years of which must be in a managerial capacity
• Experience in an FMCG or in the retail industry is an advantage
Knowledge and Competence:
• Understanding of Strategic Perspective of Audit function;
• Relevant international standards and quality benchmarks governing internal audit practice, including internal audit code of ethics;
• Good knowledge of Cost Optimisation, Tax Management and Accounting Control practices;
• How to plan audits and assess risks, designing audit programmes to reflect the operational and business environment.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong commercial acumen;
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
• Proven presentation skills to both finance and non-finance individuals;
• Ability to analyze data and come up with relevant information and actionable plans to grow the business (which includes competitive analysis);
• A solid capacity for execution;
• Keen attention to detail;
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task;
• High level of technical auditing skills and knowledge of the organisation/sector you are working in;
• Demonstrated process improvement skills;
• Experience with ERP Software;
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.