A licensed pension fund Administrator (PFDA) currently among the players in the market requires key appointment to drive its growth strategies and further strengthen its operations. The company’s customer –centric approach to business is designed to deliver the contributors protection of investments and exceptional quality service by employing up-to-date technology. The technical expertise of its corporate owners spans investment management insurance and a broad range of financial services
The duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Manages operation risks and safeguards the assets and capital of the organization through the development and implementation of adequate internal controls.
- Have knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Have the ability to collect and evaluate evidence from an organization’s information systems, practices and operations and determine if the information systems are safeguarding the information assets, maintaining data integrity and operating effectively and efficiently to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- Monitors adherence to stipulated internal control procedures so as to minimize losses due to errors, irregularities and fraud.
- Develop and maintain sustainable risk management framework for the organization
- Develop standard policies on internal audit and internal controls for the organization
- Collate and enforce the units’ with standard operation manual which will guide the performance of tasks
- Develops, reviews and updates operational risk-mitigation and fraud prevention strategies.
- Evaluates and assesses adequacy and quality of controls
- Ensures company-wide compliance with established policies and controls and ensures that violations are thoroughly investigated
- Conducts departmental audits and spots checks with reports to the Board of Directors
- Vets and recommends for approval all company policies, procedures, controls and major operational decisions
- Vets and approves departmental expenses.
- A university Degree in any Finance or Business related discipline from a reputable University
- Relevant professional certification(ICAN,ACA,ACCA,CFA etc)
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience of which at least 8 must be in the Financial Services Sector and 4 years of Middle/Senior management Experience
- Proficiency in the uses of MS office (Word Excel, Powerpoint etc)