- managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control;
- analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales ;
- analysing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning;
- using information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning;
- dealing with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organising training and development;
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- responding to customer complaints and comments;
- organising special promotions, displays and events