Huawei Technologies is a leader in providing next generation telecommunications networks for operators around the world. The company is committed to providing innovative and customized products, services and solutions to create long-term value and potential growth for its customers.
Huawei's products and solutions cover wireless products (HSDPAIWCDMAlEDGEI GPRS/GSM, CDMA2000 1xEV-DOiCDMA2000 1X, WiMAX), core network products (IMS, Mobile Soft switch. NGN), network products (FTTx, xDSL. Optical. Routers, LAN Switch)" application and software (IN. mobile data service, BOSS), as well as terminals (UMTS/CDMA). Major products are based on Huawei's self-designed ASIC chips and shared platforms to provide high-quality and cost-effective products and solutions with quick response.
Huawei's products are deployed in over 100 countries, and serve 28 of the world's top 50 operators, as well as over one billion users worldwide
- Oversee and champion the articulation and development of the overall IT strategy and ensure alignment with Enterprise corporate strategy, business goals and objectives.
- Champion the process of selling the business case for implementing new 0’ business solutions to relevant stakeholders within/outside and obtain necessary approvals for implementing identified IT solutions.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the division’s strategic direction and objective to all staff.
- Advise the business on technology upgrades and acquisitions.
- Collaborate with business functions in identifying and acquiring technology solutions in line with overall corporate and business strategy.
- Oversee and coordinate efforts aimed at developing IT business solutions, and ensure optimal leverage of technology to effectively carry out Enterprise business operations and processes.
- Maintain appropriate business relationships with relevant IT vendors and suppliers and ensure compliance with agreed service levels.
- Establish and enforce IT policies and procedures that promote and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of corporate data and information.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the division’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices arid make recommendations to the Operation Director on how this impacts the division’s role.
- Ensure synergy and collaboration in interdepartmental activities and communication in order to facilitate effective and smooth running of the division,
- Coordinate the execution of the division’s work programmes and plans.
- Communicate the activities and achievements of the division to all relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee and coordinate the day to day activities of the division and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Oversee the design and implementation of a disaster recovery plan and system that ensures timely and continuous system availability at all times.
- Oversee the design and implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and billing applications,
- Ensure the availability of effective enterprise-wide end-user support and monitor performance, and compliance with agreed cross-functional service levels.
- Oversee and ensure the availability of a stable systems arid applications operating environment.
- Ensure constant availability of the necessary IT infrastructure to provide accurate and up-to-date business management information.
- Ensure adequate management of the IT assets of the organization and ensure adequate availability of IT devices to relevant end-users.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports.
- Coordinate the preparation and compilation of agreed periodic activities and performance.
- First degree in a relevant discipline. Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years’ work experience with at least four (4) years at senior management level.
- Experience in a Telecom Engineering Company, Telecoms Vendor or ICT is preferred and is of top-priority
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering or relevant Degree as applicable
- Good customer service orientation, communication skills, good team spirit and has ability to work independently
- Should ho ready to work under pressure in all kind of working condition.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (word. excel and PowerPoint)
- Applicants should be open to learning new skills and technology
- Self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and fluent in English both oral and written.
- Must be ready for international project to the other African countries.
- Successful applicants should be Goal-oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills, and be a very good team player.
- The successful applicant should be good at information’ gathering and analysis