Our client is currently seeking for an experienced, charismatic and focus-driven individual for the post of Head of Legal unit that will amongst other things drive business growth through providing valuable legal service and advise to the organisation towards reducing litigation risk.Job Description
To efficiently provide the legal services required by the organization of Companies, thereby promoting communication, anticipating risks, reducing liabilities, preventing litigation, defending corporate interests and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations, whilst reducing costs of external counsel.
- Provision of legal advice and guidance in all matters concerning the legal structure and the laws and regulations governing the Group, its staff and the conduct of its operations
- Assumption of the primary responsibility for the operation of the Legal Department and coordination, supervision and development of other lawyers in the Legal Department
- Provision of legal advice and assistance in the drafting and negotiation of the Group’s commercial agreements
- Provision of legal advice on structuring of new ventures
- Prevention and when necessary, defense and settlement of disputes and litigation involving the Group and liaison with and direction of external counsel in this regard
- Advise and proffer legal opinions to management regarding the legal implications of legal and regulatory
- Changes impacting the Group’s business
- Providing legal advice and support on personnel matters, to include employee grievances and claims.
- Advising the Group on the corporate structure, compliance with necessary formalities and company law.