- Provision of legal advice and guidance in all matters concerning the legal structure and the laws and regulations governing the Group, its staff and the conduct of its operations.
- Assumption of the primary responsibility for the operation of the Legal Department and coordination, supervision and development of other lawyers in the Legal Department.
- Provision of legal advice and assistance in the drafting and negotiation of the Group's commercial agreements.
- Provision of legal advice on structuring of new ventures.
- Prevention and when necessary, defense and settlement of disputes and litigation involving the Group and liaison with and direction of external counsel in this regard.
- Advise and proffer legal opinions to management regarding the legal implications of legal and regulatory changes impacting the Group’s business.
- Providing legal advice and support on personnel matters, to include employee grievances and claims.
- Advising the Group on the corporate structure, compliance with necessary formalities and company law.
- Representing the Legal Department at Management meetings or at other meetings.