Our client, FMDQ OTC PLC (FMDQ) is a Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) licensed over-the-counter (OTC) market securities exchange and self-regulatory organization. The company which was registered in November 2012 has a mission to empower the OTC financial markets to be innovative and credible, in support of the Nigerian economy.
FMDQ as an industry initiative is owned by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Financial Markets Dealers Association (FMDA), commercial/merchant banks and discount houses operational in Nigeria as at 2010 and the NSE Consult Limited (a subsidiary of the Nigerian Stock Exchange). FMDQ is poised to ensure high market integrity through focus on market governance and compliance, market development and data services.
In line with its vision to be the most liquid, efficient, secure anti technology-driven OTC market in Africa by 2018, the company is looking to hire individuals with deep understanding of the capital market, to drive this vision in the capacity of functional heads in the following areas.
Reporting to the MD/CEO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the market organising objectives of FMDQ through the Markets & Business Development Division (MBD). The divisional mandate will also require the development of the research function of the securities exchange. Whereas the market development mandate covers product development, new market development activation of extinct markets, upgrading of standards of existing markets, review of market infrastructure, fixings and indices development; the business development mandate covers development of the securities exchange’s network effects, liquidity and securities quotations and listings.
- Apply strategic planning and forecasting of FMDQ’s revenue from trading of financial instruments; analyse business developments and monitor OTC markets and securities exchanges trends around the world
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities to promote listings, quotations and trading on FMDQ
- Develop new products and establish comprehensive frameworks for their trading in terms of architecture, processes, standard trading volumes and methods
- Identify, develop and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, OTC market characteristics, market products and market participants
- Develop better price discovery mechanisms for market participants through the OTC platform thereby reducing market opacity and risk management framework for market operations
- Develop liquidity and pricing strategies for the products to be listed or quoted on the OTC platform, leveraging on benchmark design and research
- Balance FMDQ’s objectives and market participants’ expectations
- Act in an advisory capacity to the MD/CEO on market and business development strategies in meeting FMDQs strategic objectives
- Conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential Opportunities for market
- products and future mar i participants engagement
- Analyse trading flow and strategies in order to understand patterns and forecast revenue stream
- Develop and syndicate new fixings and indices
- Initiate market research studies and/or analyse the findings of outsourced third party research
- Lead in promoting the sales and marketing of FMDQ’s technology and products
- Coordinate promotional activities working with advertisers and marketing agencies to drive quotations and listings on FMDQ OTC platform
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with FMOQ’s stakeholders
- Develop business development communication strategies
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in a business related field e.g. economics, accounting, finance, business administration or any other relevant field
- Postgraduate degree or professional qualification will be desirable
- Twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years’ financial market experience n developed markets either as an operator in the financial services industry or a securities exchange
- Past experience of marketing and selling financial market products is essential
Competency and Skills Requirement
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and selling experience in currency and interest rate derivatives
- Sound negotiation and management skills, strong business performance monitoring skills as well as a good knowledge of financial market products and brand awareness
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with an excellent ability to effectively manage and communicate at all levels in the organisation
- The incumbent for the job must have strong