- Develop high level and long term metering optimization strategy and plan in accordance to regulatory standards, company policy and ATC&C losses considerations.
- Provide technical and commercial leadership required to manage and safeguard all metering investments within IBEDC Franchise and assets
- Responsible for metering activities across IBEDC franchise - Oversee all metering Planning, Projects, Calibrations and Investigations.
- Specifies and monitors metering equipment standards in accordance with regulatory requirements and company standards for approval for use within IBEDC franchise area.
- Oversees and specifies meter asset needs and assist in system design for both new, up-grades and meter replacements for all category of customers.
- Oversees and validates new or up-dated equipment specifications from recognised / approved metering equipment vendors.
- Liaises with metering vendors to ensure regulatory and company standards and requirements are met in the design and supply of metering equipment.
- Oversees and stewardship of smart meter roll-out: working with suppliers to ensure a successful meter rollout to all customers category.
- Oversees maintenance instructions and spares necessary for the operation of equipment.
- Supporting the realisation of consumer benefits and return on investments in smart metering rollouts.
- Designs and planning of Metering Services processes for the Department.
- Oversees the Commissioning of new HT MD metering installations.
- Designs and oversees a system to prevent, detect and recover energy losses attributable to the interference with metering installations perpetrated by fraudulent customers.
- Oversees the collation, analysis, vetting and preparation of Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company’s monthly Grid Energy meter readings from all the trading point meters across the 22 Business Hubs
Qualifications and Requirements
- HND/B.Tech/B.Sc/B.Eng in Electrical Engineering
- Masters Degree is mandatory
- Membership of NSE and COREN is mandatory
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Nigeria Electricity Distribution Chain, with a minimum of 10 years in supervisory roles.