The jobholder will be responsible for leading a motivated team of Sales Managers and Executives to achieve the predefined business targets for Union Insurance Company products in the designated branch.
The jobholder will work closely with the to plan and implement sales strategies in the branch and will be responsible for the overall running of the branch on a daily basis.
- Finalize the revenue targets with the senior management and design strategic initiatives and a sales plan for the branch in line with Union Insurance Company's business objectives
- Allocate sales targets to the Sales Managers / Sales Executives and communicate and drive the sales strategy across the sales team
- Ensure achievement of branch sales targets and a healthy portfolio contribution from Motor, Non - Motor, Health and Group Life products.
- Manage operational expenditure for the branch within the allocated budget
- Review MIS reports and analyze branch performance, viz. sales, operating costs and profitability to ensure consistent tracking and take appropriate actions.
- Control of outstanding within authorized limits.
- Ensure Branch profitability as directed by the Corporate Office and agreed in budget.
Customer Service Focus:
- Undertake customer visits with sales staff and provide guidance / support to the team as required
- Manage own portfolio of customers and target new customers to achieve personal sales targets
- Monitor competition and customer feedback on an ongoing basis and use market intelligence to review sales strategies, report the same to the Area Sales Manager
- Drive the delivery of customer experience in the branch to build relations and credibility
- Handle any customer issues or internal problems that require immediate attention
- Ensure adherence to operational procedures, sales processes and ensure efficient running of the branch operations on a daily basis
- Monitor the quality of service delivered by Sales Executives and Branch Coordinators
- Support team development through periodic review, mentoring, counseling, and feedback
- Monitor performance of reporting managers and assist in goal-setting, budgeting and management
- Facilitate transfer of product knowledge to the team, enhance their skills development and provide coaching as required
- Develop and maintain strong awareness of local / regional markets, marketing concepts and regulatory environment and share relevant updates with the team
Graduate degree essential.
Post-graduate degree in Business Administration with specialization in Sales and Marketing preferable
6 - 7 years of experience in a insurance industry including 3 years of managing branch operations