Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive investment strategy that will enable the corporation identify, develop and realise profitable investment opportunities in the Upstream, Midstream & Downstream sectors of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry
- Secure Board of Directors’ approval for the investment strategy and implement the strategy as approved. Continuously review and update the strategy in response to actual or anticipated changes in the political, economic, technological, social and business environment
- Manage the review and analysis of technical, operational and commercial datasets, to improve risk adjusted returns, to deliver profitable growth and to support decision making by the Managing Director, the Board of Directors and other stakeholders
- Identify suitable investment opportunities for the Corporation, including but not limited to bidding rounds, divestments, farm-ins, greenfield, brownfield, etc. as well as suitable organisations to partner with in order to realise the said opportunities
- Lead the development and submission of technical and commercial documentation required to realise identified opportunities, leading negotiation teams on behalf of the corporation, setting objectives and strategies required to realise the opportunities
- Manage engagements with internal and external stakeholders (including government and regulatory agencies) in order to ensure the Corporation’s objectives are achieved while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
- Establish a framework to guide the Corporation’s approach to managing investor relations and joint venture relationships, ensuring representation in relevant decision making and governance structures, in order to assure that the management and operations of joint ventures are conducted in accordance with the Corporation’s objectives and values and in ways that maximize value and returns for the Corporation and its stakeholders
- Develop and implement operational strategies for any ventures in which the Corporation might take the role of operator
- 15 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, including senior leadership positions with significant technical and commercial content obtained in a joint venture environment.
- International experience will be an added advantage
- Graduate degree in Engineering or Geoscience disciplines. Higher qualifications are not essential, but may be an added advantage
- Proven track record of managing corporate social responsibility as well as health, safety and environment processes and activities
- Management of budgets and resource plans.