In this newly created role you will build and lead a globally located diverse team of statisticians, data scientists, market researchers, and CRM strategists who will develop both a deeper understanding of its customers as well as recommend and drive action against these insights across all customer interaction touch points to generate incremental growth, engagement, and revenue.
The leader will report into CEO, Global Loyalty Company (GLC), responsible for several functions that will collectively elevate Global Loyalty’s customer-driven performance. This role will serve as a strategic expert interacting with global business partners to create a customer “center of excellence” to guide and inform customer and business strategy and associated marketing and customer service. The GLC is the parent company of Top Bonus, Etihad Guest and Jet Privilege.
- Build and lead leading diverse, globally located teams
- Analytically derive a deep understanding of customer attitudes and behaviours and identify exploitation opportunities communicating complex analysis in readily understood business terms
- Work with large, complex consumer datasets to extract insights, including the use of world-class advanced analytical methodologies. Recommend and incorporate qualitative customer data to enhance these insights (e.g. survey responses)
- Work with both structured and unstructured data and employ a variety of tools and techniques for analysis and visualization
- Provide thought leadership on the build vs buy vs partner ecosystem strategy to grow internal capabilities
- Based on these analytically-derived insights, recommend and help prioritize business actions at a customer specific or customer segment level. Partner with the owners of each customer touchpoint (mobile, social, site, marketing channels, etc) to drive a CRM / customer interaction strategy that will yield additional engagement and revenue
- Create and maintain a “dashboard” of customer metrics and trends to educate and provide visibility to the GLC community about customer behaviour
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from the business heads in their desires to further understand customer behaviour; these ad-hoc requests may form the foundation of additional analyses/insights/actions
- Introduce and manage data governance principles within Global Loyalty and its partners to ensure quality and ownership of all data
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, data science, machine learning, econometrics, computer science, mathematics, operations research, etc.
- Proven experience with applying quantitative disciplines in the consumer and loyalty marketing arena. These disciplines incorporate unstructured data mining, pattern recognition, financial analytics, and optimization
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in consumer insights and embedding analytical results into the decision making process
- Work experience in consumer acquisition, loyalty, or engagement marketing
- Experience within database marketing
- Experience leading teams of technical professionals that drive innovation
- Experience with financial, NPV analysis
- Consulting or agency experience in a client support role
- Proven ability to tie financial impact to resulting analytical findings
- Proven ability to be influential in a highly matrixed environment