YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY...
ensuring an enhanced logistical, supply chain and procurement function at mission level in order to provide programs with optimum support.
Key activities in your role will include
- Participate in the design and implementation of the Mission’s Projects and Proposals.
- Organisation, coordination & performance monitoring of logistics at national level.
- Human Resource Management.
- Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with the mission's partners.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
You’ve broad experience in humanitarian logistics
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field. Masters degree is desirable.
- You have at least 5 years’ extensive experience in logistics management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- You have demonstrated professional experience working in a fast paced, complex humanitarian emergency context.
- You have a good general knowledge of IT, mechanics, communications, supply chain management & procurement.
You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple activities
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for multiple contingencies.
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization's policies & procedures – both verbally & in writing. Your reports are timely, comprehensive & well-written.
- You ensure your teams remain aware of changes in security conditions, challenges faced by the program implementers & any new contextual developments.
- You like to find & implement straight-forward solutions to tricky questions. You balance finding quick answers to immediate problems with planning projects that take a longer time to execute.
- You understand that the logistics function plays an invaluable role in keeping ACF’s core activities operational. You take pride meeting deadlines & following procedures correctly & keeping logistical documentation up-to-date.
Your work style builds confidence within your team
- You maintain a mature and problem solving attitude when confronted with difficult situations.
- You remain calm and professional under pressure and encourage others to maintain efficiency and effectiveness as well.
- You are able to motivate and encourage others to deliver high standards of work
- You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping the logistics teams achieve their objectives.
- You like to pass on to others what you’ve learnt & thrive on the variety of logistics activities that fall within this role’s scope of responsibility.
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language, speaking tactfully & listening carefully to others. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms & are comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a team.
- You have a high degree of emotional intelligence demonstrating strong self-awareness and the ability to take responsibility for your actions.