Qualifications and Specifications
- Good quality honours Degree, PGCE, or equivalent in Secondary Education.
- Experience proven success of teaching English at KS1, KS2, KS3 and KS4.
- Leadership and management experience within a faculty of Communication/English department and proof of impact.
- Knowledge /skills strong subject knowledge.
- An understanding of what makes outstanding teaching and learning and the ability to put this into practice.
- An ability to use data to monitor student's progress and inform curriculum planning.
- An understanding of best practice when quality assuring the work of department and faculty.
- The ability to put effective intervention in place for under achieving students.
- An understanding of the qualities of a successful scheme of work and the key principles of assessment.
- An ability to coach and mentor other members of faculty and teachers.
- An ability to forge good working relationship with staff and students.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of current development in English teaching and of relevant wider educational issues.
- Well - developed behaviour management skills.
- Ensure that whole school policies are implemented consistently.
- Personal ability to work hard under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to continued personal development
- Commitment to contribute to the wider life of the school
- General attendance and punctuality record.
- Spoken and written English must be of a high standard.
- Experience as a teacher in a British National Curriculum School.
- Willingness to participate in Co-Curricular activities.