Business strategy, Financial Policies and Processes
• Develop financial framework that ensures delivery of company targets and objectives
• Establish control policies and procedures for all areas of risk and revenue loss
• Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
• Preparation of monthly Operating performance record in reference to annual business plan.
• Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of up-to-date technology
• Develop and execute analysis of various business structure and initiatives
Budgeting, Management and Financial Reporting
• Communication of annual business objectives to departmental heads for their budget input;
• Receipt & checking of budget estimates as supplied by departmental heads for correctness & accuracy;
• Provision of historical financial information to departmental managers to help them in their operating plan forecasting;
• Suggestion of possible revisions when the need arises;
• Discussion of budget difficulties with line managers;
• Coordination of all budget activities.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets and operating performance and preparing periodic variance reports
• Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses and to provide advice as occasions demand;
• Prepare monthly closing reports providing profits and loss statements
• Create monitoring mechanism to ensure adherence of business units to budgetary allocation.
• Negotiate/arranges external finance, when necessary.
• Ensure good working relationship with financial institutions and negotiate for finance that best suits operations
• Responsible for the management of working capital;
• Investment of excess funds on short-term basis;
• Oversee cash management and provide support for collection/receivables activities.